Let me know what you think!
Let me know what you think!
Last night saw the crème de la crème of the fashion industry unite for the annual fundraising Met Gala, taking place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City. The theme for this years Met Gala was China: Through the Looking Glass, a look at China’s influence on the fashion industry over the years.
Here’s a showcase of the starlets who stole the night:
1. The most daring and extravagant award of the night goes to Rih Rih in this unbelievably decadent cannery yellow coat by Chinese Designer Guo Pei. The design features fox fur trimming and took 2 years to construct, weighing around 55 lbs.
2. Before this event, like I’m sure many others, I had no idea who Fan Bingbing was. The Chinese actress, producer and singer is a huge sensation in Asia and she look nothing less than an empress on the red carpet in this exquisite Christopher Bu cape and gown. She came and showed everyone exactly what the Chinese fashion game is all about!
3. Beyonce knows exactly how to make an entrance and she did just that, arriving 2 hours late, in this custom Givenchy gown which took over the insta world last night. That body though!!! I’m feeling the hair too!
4. Joan Smalls is working this sexy Cavalli gown with a one shoulder sleeve and intricate purple embroidery, her super sleek hair and smokey eye completes the look seamlessly.
5. This Calvin Klein gown looks like a stream of emeralds dripping down Kendall’s body. The high neck balances out the extreme side boob and her hair and make up is simplicity at its finest.
6. Rosie Huntington Whiteley is oozing glamour in this Atelier Versace gown offset by her deep maroon lip and sultry smokey eye.
7. I’m obsessed with Zendaya in this Fausto Puglisi design, she has developed such an individual sense of style at such a young age, she can do no wrong in my eyes!
8. Kim Kardashian is absolutely stunning in this floor length gown designed by Peter Dundas for Roberto Cavalli. This dress was leading the ‘skin is in’ look that was trending all night. Although this style has been rinsed on the red carpet I still appreciate the craftsmanship and her body is insane!
9. Solange brought an intergalactic edge to the red carpet wearing Giles Deacon, the intricate pleating and fan shape gave an oriental feel without being overly obvious.
10. Jennifer Lopez unleashed the dragon all over the red carpet in this Versace skin bearing gown. My favourite part of this look was the make up, JLo had exaggerated her bronzer up from her cheek bones to the temples and left the rest of her face clean giving a sun kissed and effortless vibe.
11. Jourdan Dunn brings her street style to the event in this daring burgundy Burberry crochet gown, her emerald earrings add a glamorous statement whilst her cornrowed hair gives off a sporty look.
12. The sexy Siren Irina Shayk worked the high slit in her custom embroidered, satin Versace gown. This was the supermodels first Met Gala and this was the perfect look for her. If you like the view from the front, wait till you check out the back!
So what are you waiting for? Go buy it!!
Make your Monday mornings a little less painful with this casual study day outfit inspiration!
To all those celebrating : Wishing you a Happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year!